Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Red

Philadelphia Grand Jury

I often think how interesting the life of something as simple as a cigarette lighter can be. In it's lifetime, the places it has been, the stories of those who used it, what it may have seen before it came into your possession, what it has been through before ending up in someone else's hand. It fascinates me. I often lose mine but since Saturday, it has been to a launch party, it was there when that band of hooligans peddled by with subwoofers attached to their pushbikes, it witnessed a guy passed out on a street bench from inhaling too much weed, it passed through the hands of amazingly talented musicians unknowingly, it listened to stories of a documentary producer, it was there when I ran into acquaintances of the boy I fancy, it has seen me through the ups and downs of work. Today is only Wednesday, I wonder what the future holds for this little fire maker.

xx Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment